POSTING ON THIS FORUM = REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT

General announcements for the community to read.
Groentje
Overcooked 11 Pwn points

Post by Groentje » Jul 03rd 2005 20:24

If you want to see ALL posts on this forum (the universal bulletin board),
you should register yourself, using the link in the top right of this screen.

PLEASE REGISTER YOURSELF - WE CAN HELP YOU BETTER THAT WAY
Creating a forum name/account means we can help you by sending PM's etc.
(your popup-blocker may ask you whether you want to allow popups - on this forum New PM's come as popup - allow them for this site.)

Tips for registering
Remember that your name on this forum-server is something different than your name on a game server.

When registering, to protect your privacy in and outside the game:
- Do NOT use the name of your mage on a game server. (this is advice - you can chose to do so - but think carefully about it).
- Do NOT use the your real name. (this is advice - you can chose to do so - but think carefully about it).

Save the password that you receive by email on a safe place.
The website will leave a cookie on your machine allowing you to log in automatically the next day (unless you chose to disable that).
Last edited by Groentje on Jan 12th 2006 09:06, edited 10 times in total.
GROENTJE *Peace flavour your sword lor!*

Arathorn
Exalted God

Post by Arathorn » Jul 03rd 2005 20:26

- Do NOT use the name of your mage on a game server.
I would really say this is up to personal preference....you just have to keep in mind not to give any hints away through your UBB posts about your mage if you decide to use the same name.

MustardMan
Cute Kitty in a Pop Tart Box
Location: Hiding in your closet. . .with the rest of your anxieties

Post by MustardMan » Jul 05th 2005 08:22

Another benefit to registering an account is that when you post something, you can check a litle box that says Notify me when a reply is posted. This will send a message to your email letting you know that there was a reply.

Also be sure 2 check your Private Messages box. Sometimes messages find their way in there as well.
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
_____

It's elementary

______

Dark Dwarf
Master of all Magic

Post by Dark Dwarf » Sep 23rd 2005 18:29

ACtually, if you use the same name as your mage name then you'll think twice before going on a all night flame fest on the ubb. I've used the same name i use in-game from the start and i've never had any problems and i know several other mages that do it the same way.

cade
Greater Demon Summoner

Post by cade » Jan 12th 2006 04:17

Haha I use my real name and the name of my mage on the server. I guess i'm really dumb :(
Lusty lips

Laanders
Head Designer, Dev etc
31Rank Halls 3Guild Halls

Post by Laanders » Dec 30th 2011 18:40

When completing the forum registration form, you need to fill in a confirmation code which is shown in the box at the top. The screenshot below points out the text box where the code should be entered.