Multi account registration explained

General announcements for the community to read.
Sogrom
Developer
1Rank Halls

Multi account registration explained

Post by Sogrom » Apr 19th 2004 12:53

Q: What is the purpose ?
A: This is directed to couples, friends etc who play TR from 1 computer and don't want to be confused by admins for multimages. This is also directed to people who often use public computers, like in net cafes or schools where other persons might play TR as well.

Q: How do i register ?
A: There is a link in the server menu page and in Council of Emperor. Just fill in mage name, password and whether it is public PC or you share PC with one person.

Q: Does my wife/friend/borther has to register as well when using 1 computer by 2 players ?
A: Yes! Both users must register.

Q: How many people can share and play from 1 computer ?
A: Maximum two people can play from 1 computer. For example, you and your brother on your home PC.

Q: Are there any other restricions ?
A: No! You no longer have to play in the same guild.

Q: If i have 2 or more computers at home but they use same connection, do i have to register ?
A: No.

Q: If i play from my home PC and sometimes from school (or cafe), do i have to register ?
A: Yes!

Q: I play from school but i don't know if there's someone else playing TR as well, do i have to register ?
A: Definitely.

Q: If i was at my friends house, who is also playing TR, and i logged in to my mage to check it, do i have to register ?
A: No, if it was only once or twice you don't have to register.

Q: If i visit same friend everyday and check my mage do i have to register ?
A: Yes.

Q: I play from my work and there is a lot of people here, we have use the same http proxy, but my computer is used only by me. Do i have to register ?
A: No. This is just like your private computer.

Q: I play from my own computer at work and then at my home pc. Do i have to register ?
A: No. If you don't play from public-used computers you don't have to register.

Q: I play from school/cafe, but i'm computer expert and i know they use the same http proxy, and you said earlier that when using same proxy i don't have to register. So do i have to register or not ?
A: Yes, you have to register. You don't have to register when you have 2 (or 3 or 4) private PCs in your house and you use common gateway.

Q: Won't that justify multimaging ?
A: No, mages who register will be under constant and very careful watch from administrators. If registered mage will be found as plain multie, it will result in immediate server ban. It is very easy to tell the difference between 2 people playing 2 mages and 1 person playing 2 mages, believe me.
Sogrom, the Father of Not Working Spells
Battle tag: sogrom#2288 [EU]

Sogrom
Developer
1Rank Halls

Post by Sogrom » May 06th 2004 19:37

updated.
Sogrom, the Father of Not Working Spells
Battle tag: sogrom#2288 [EU]