Armageddon is scheduled to begin at Sat Oct 19 15:00:00 2019.
Changes from previous set
- Preorders changed from limited to full:
- Number of preorders possible at one time increased to 9999 (was 10)
- Max number of lesser items in a single preorder increased to 9999 (was 10)
- Gold cap on sum of preorders removed (was 400 million gold)
- Preordering uniques is now possible
- Turn cost of placing preorders removed (was 1)
- Spells, uniques and items affecting AP (except Plant Growth) now also affect extra attacks
- In some cases the above was coupled with reduced effect
- Full details will follow below shortly
- Plant Growth adjusted:
- AP/HP increase at standard verdant SL raised to 95.24% (was 82.62%)
- All upkeeps for treefolk units increased by 20% while under the enchantment
- Legendary Artificer effect on Pouch of Herbs and Strange Metallic Can slightly reduced to correspond to a true 100% increase at full level
- Oil Flasks, Scroll of Protection from Fire and Brooch of Protection changed to 40% effect (was 50%)
- Dragon Slayer HP reduction changed to 30% (was 50%)
- The Head of Medusa effect increased by 25% (technically, a former 20% reduction was removed)
- Unique activation rate scaling with server population removed (approx. 3x net increase)
- probably more to come
A note on the changes:
This reset sees a large number of changes, though far from all of them are likely to have a big impact on the average player. The main reason for most of these changes is to reduce the number of differences between arch and the other TR servers, which in turn is part of a general drive towards less fragmentation within the game.
While each game server has its own unique profile, with clear distinctions that set it apart, we believe that too many differences makes it more difficult for players to play across multiple servers. In addition, it adds to the difficulty and cost of maintaining the game, in terms of design, development and infrastructure.
Thus, if you play on other servers, most of the mechanics listed above will already be familiar. If you don't, the overall impact will probably not be very big, but of course it's always a good idea to look through the changes and take note of what does affect you.
With a couple of days left until the new set begins, it's possible and even probable that this change list will be changed or added to again. I'll try to make clear in subsequent posts what additional changes come in.